Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays (and Happy Release Day!)

Well, it's that time of the year! Some of you are already celebrating (and Happy Hanukkah to you!); some of you already have (Blessed Be!), and some celebrations are yet to come (Merry Christmas, and Happy Kwanzaa!). For anyone I've missed... Bah Humbug, or however you articulate your season's greetings. :-)

So - tell me, what are your holiday traditions? Mine include avoidance and panic for a month or so leading up to the season, putting up the tree no more than one week before Christmas, frazzled bursts of last-minute shopping, and an all-night Christmas Eve wrapping marathon (yes, I have tried to break the habit. Alas, it doesn't work.)

And in the meantime, while most of publishing is taking a vacation, I'm still working! Trust me, this is not a complaint. If I wasn't doing something writing-related, I'd go out of my mind and take everyone with me.

Today is the release day for my latest novel, SKIN DEEP, from Loose Id (I know, you were just dying to hear all about it, weren't you?). I'm very excited about this, since it's my first foray into erotica. Please indulge me as I share my little blurb and a beautiful piece of cover art by Anne Cain (or, ya know, feel free to ignore the rest of this post. :-)

--------------

SKIN DEEP

Will Ambrose knows everything about love – except how to find it himself. He hosts a popular GLBT relationship radio show, but his own affairs have been rocky and abusive. With sexy, seductive tattoo artist Cobalt, it's lust at first sight. Unfortunately he's already involved ... until that night, when his late arrival home sends his cop partner into a jealous, violent rage.

Cobalt is a Fae, banished to live among humans. His studio, The Grotto, is both a hot spot for the NYC body art crowd and a haven for other Fae seeking protection. Though he's given up on relationships, since his human lovers tend to go insane when they discover his true nature, he can't help his lustful reaction to Will when the radio host visits The Grotto. He tries to dismiss it, but is compelled to get involved when a cab deposits a battered, broken Will at his door, with Cobalt's name on his lips.

Can their powerful attraction – and phenomenal sex – overcome an abusive closeted cop, a traitorous Fae who tries to divide them, and an ex-lover with inhuman powers who'll stop at nothing to take Cobalt back ... including going through Will?

AVAILABLE NOW from Loose Id


5 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Not as many traditions now that the kids are all over the country. I just try to embrace the winter every year. Christmas Eve I leave the tree lights on so that they shine up to the high ceiling and can be seen from our loft bedroom. If I open my eyes during the night and it's particularly black out, the multi lights off the tree make it magic inside the house, reflecting off all the logs. Very Norman Rockwell.

Congrats on your book, S.W.

Kim Smith said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! it looks fab, SW.

s.w. vaughn said...

Thank you, Kim! *G*

------

Thanks, Joylene! :-)

I do the opposite - I try to run far, far away from winter, as vigorously as I possibly can (in my head, anyway. Alas, the snow doesn't really like to cooperate with my efforts.)

That sounds like a lovely scene in your house! :)

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Huge congrats, SW!!!! What a wonderful day for your new release - sunny and (brrrrr) cold, a great day to stay inside and read!

Our holiday special times usually involve singing and making music with all kinds of instruments that Melanie brings home (African drums and shakers and fun stuff!), of course great meals with all the fixings, and then LOTs of play time, especially with board games spanning from Yahtzee, Scrabble, Candy Land, Monopoly, Stratego, and as many more as we can fit in. ;o) Merry Christmas to all our MB4 readers and contributing bloggers. ;o)

Marta Stephens said...

Hey S. W. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so excited for you. :()