Sunday, July 27, 2008

Live Reading from TREMOLO - looking for feedback



Good morning, friends and writers,

Well, it wasn't that hard after all. With help from my insightful friends on Gather.com (thanks, everyone!), I figured out how to record an MP3 file. I actually shocked myself, because it was much easier than I'd anticipated.

If you'd like to listen to yours truly reading from TREMOLO: CRY OF THE LOON, please click below on the photo.



I'd love to hear your thoughts. Does this entice you to want to know more? Was it a good selection? Would you consider buying the entire audio file if I took the month it would require to record the whole book?

Just curious, it's another way to share with my readers and even though it is time consuming, it thrilled me to know that the way the words sound in my head when writing, could actually be heard in your head in the same manner. LOL. Too cool.
Of course, I know this doesn't replace the pure act of reading. Lots of folks (myself included) just prefer that method of absorbing a book.

If you haven't read the book and would like to get to know Gus LeGarde and his world, please stop by my website here or take a visit to my publisher's site, here.

And as always, thanks for your support. For those of you who love to write, remember to write like the wind!


- Aaron

4 comments:

jean said...

Hi Aaron,
Between my dial-up service and a not-so-sophisticated computer I have a real tough time listening to anything with sound online. BUT... Just to add my two cents, having heard you do readings "live and in person" at the Dansville Library, I can safely say that this is going to work out well for you. You have an amazing reading voice and it was hearing you read your excerpts that made me want to buy your book. And I'm really glad I did :)

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Thanks, Jean. You're very sweet. I loved hearing you read, too, and that's actually why I bought one of your romance novels for my wife, Dale, who is reading it right now and loving it. Live readings are a wonderful way to get inside the author's head and soul, aren't they? ;o)

Kim Smith said...

Definitely on my to-do list, Aaron. Cannot wait to hear you read it. Loved this book from start to finish!

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Thanks, Kim! It will be interesting to see how your brain interpreted the words versus how I read them! ;o)