Thursday, January 12, 2017

Murderers, as writers

Good day, Murderers!

I hope this finds you doing something that fulfills you.

What is everyone reading?



Yes, reading is a part of being a writer. I am usually reading two books at a time, one electronically and one in paper. At the moment, I am reading The Book of Joy in paper. It is a very good read. It is written by a gentleman who spent time with The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu as they celebrated one of the holy men's birthday. It is filled with wonderful advice on how to live a joy-filled life. We all could use that, right?

The other one I am working on my Kindle app is Dare to Love by Carly Phillips. It is romance, not something for everyone, but still a worthy read.

I am supposed to be writing a page a day on the next Shannon Wallace book but have some personal family things going on at the moment that is blocking any sort of creative endeavor beyond blogging. I sure hope 2017 doesn't keep going like it has begun. So far, it has pretty much sucked.

But you don't want to hear that do you??

Murderers, as writers, you should be reading something. And as writers, you should be writing something. Even blog posts. EVERY DAY. Don't forget if you do this for 21 days it will become a habit.

Do not do as I do. Do as I say do.

Happy Thursday, y'all.

2 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Actually, I'm not 'reading' but listening to an audiobook, Ark: A Dane Maddock Adventure, by David Wood.

Sort of an Indiana Jones action/adventure novel, but the two main characters/treasure hunters are former Navy SEALs.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Excellent advice, Kim! I agree wholeheartedly. And Terry - my "reading" is always audiobooks and ebooks alternated, depending on where I am at the time. I'm reading on eBook "The Penitent Thief" (short story mystery) by Clay Boutwell. A nice, Sherlockian mystery from a cool series called The Agora series. And I'm listening (re-listening) to one of the seven Flavia DeLuce mysteries by Alan Bradley - Speaking from Among the Bones. I LOVE this series and listen frequently to one of the seven. You can't hear them often enough, I think!