Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Writing Gig

by

Dora Machado

People are always asking me why I write. The truest answer has something to do with the fact that I can't stop writing. But I love what I do, and just in case the benefits of my chosen profession aren't obvious to the  rest of the world, here are the top ten reasons why I absolutely love my writing gig:

1.      My daily commute entails a thirty-second shuffle from bed to desk.

2.      It's nine p.m. to five a.m. and I like it that way.

3.      My supervisor is a cat.

4.      I can spend hours surfing the Internet, learning about ancient curses, medieval remedies, magical spells, curse givers and mythological goddesses, and nobody gives me grief about it.

5.      The water cooler is out back. If I really need cooling, I swim in it.

6.      I get to daydream and that's okay. My third grade teacher was so wrong about daydreaming!

7.      Business casual = yoga pants. Casual Friday may occasionally involve flannel pajamas.

8.      I have to read a lot to write a lot. Well, if someone must make the tough sacrifices….

9.      During work hours, I live in my own world. Literally.

10.  I get to share my work, life and passion with amazing readers like you.


****

Dora Machado is the award-winning author of the epic fantasy Stonewiser series and her newest novel, The Curse Giver, available from Twilight Times Books. She grew up in the Dominican Republic, where she developed a fascination for writing and a taste for Merengue. After a lifetime of straddling such compelling but different worlds, fantasy is a natural fit to her stories. She lives in Florida with her husband and three very opinionated cats.

To learn more about Dora Machado and her novels, visit her website at www.doramachado.com or contact her at Dora@doramachado.com.
For a free excerpt of The Curse Giver, visit:  http://twilighttimesbooks.comthingsTheCurseGiver_ch1.html.













No comments: