Today I'm featuring author and artist extraordinaire, Uvi Poznansky. She wrote the article that I'd been thinking of crafting, and did a much better job than I would have, LOL!
Thank you, Uvi, for sharing this with us.
copyright 2014, Uvi Poznansky
Love the idea of listening to a story? My author friends and I hope you win one of our audiobooks at this upcoming event, December 5th - 7th!
Now, if you have never listened to audiobooks before, perhaps you find yourself wondering, hmmm... What device do I need? As it turns out, you already have it:
- You can listen to audiobooks on any device that is compatible with the mp3 audio format, including: Sony Walkman, Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod; mp3 players by Sony, Archos, Coby, Creative, SanDisk and many more; Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7 smartphones and tablets. Here's a good article about the use of your Smartphone for listening: How to Listen to Audio Books on Your Smartphone with Audible
- You can listen to audiobooks on your computer, using iTunes, Windows Media Player, or any other program that plays mp3 files.
- You can listen to audiobooks on your e-reader. Both the Amazon Kindle and the Barnes & Noble Nook can play mp3 files. Here are two good articles about the use of e-readers for listening: How to Listen to Audiobooks on an Amazon Kindle or a Barnes and Noble Nook, and Listening to Audio Books on Kindle 1st Generation.
If you spend a lot of time driving on long trips, or even sitting around the fireplace, you can imagine what a great companion audiobooks can be to spin away the hours. Great narrators make books come alive. Being so close to you, breathing words into your ear, they make the experience both intimate and heightened, with every nuance in the story becoming fully expressed.
If you win an audiobook, the author will give you a FREE promo code with the following instructions:
- Visit http://www.audible.com/at/redeem
- Enter the download code into the "Redeem Your Promotional Code" field and click "Redeem".
- If you’re not an Audible customer you’ll need to create a new Audible.com account. Don’t worry, you can use your Amazon account to do this.
- Follow the instructions. You’ll have 1 credit applied to your account.
- Go to the listing of the audiobook you won
- Add it to your cart. When you check out you’ll see an option to apply the free credit.
- Audible will gladly help you--24 hours a day, 7 days a week--to download the audiobook to your preferred device. It is quick and painless... Here is their help line: 1-888-283-5051 (US & Canada) or 1-973-820-0400 (international.)