Many thanks to Jodi Lee, fantastic author and editor at LBF Books (and misguided soul :-), for this award:
It seems that by accepting the award, I'm now obligated to post the ensuing rules. Eep! Well, here goes . . .
The Award and Rules:
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
Apparently the rules are as follows:
1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
2. Choose a minimum of 5 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have five friends. Show the five random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Honest Crap Blog Folks:
Joylene Nowell Butler and the Everday Bloggers: We've had the pleasure of hosting a few of these folks over here, and they always have interesting things to say. Joylene is also a great pal and a hard-working writer.
Sheila Deeth: is currently a quarter-finalist in the ABNA (Amazon Breakout Novel Award). Go Sheila!
Sia McKye: An articulate and all-around cool person who interviews writers over coffee. Mmmm, coffee. :-)
Janet Reid: One hella awesome blogging agent - funny, dedicated, and an inspiration to writers simply because her love for them and her job is so obvious. Ms. Reid also runs Query Shark, where she helps writers hone their query letters for submission.
J. A. Konrath: Living proof that self-promotion works, Joe is a multi-published novelist who runs a blog dedicating to helping newbie writers learn the art of pushing oneself without feeling (too much) like a loud-mouthed braggart.
And now for the fun part . . .
Ten Honest Things About Me
Oh, good heavens. Ten?! Can I just do five and repeat them? No? Sigh. All right, here goes . . .
1. Some people bite their fingernails. I bite the first knuckle of my left hand. It's getting a bit ragged, so I've started chewing on the right one lately.
2. I enjoy the musical stylings of the Backstreet Boys. There. I said it.
3. If I could have one super-power, I'd choose teleportation because that would mean I wouldn't need a stupid car. I hate cars.
4. Sometimes I don't wear socks (I'm not wearing any at the moment). When I do, they almost never match.
5. I don't shower every single day. Gasp. Someone call the hygiene police.
6. At least once a month, I wish I was a man. Ladies . . . you know what time that is. :)
7. Sometimes I cry because the world is such a wonderful, miraculous place - and we're screwing it up so badly.
8. I really do love my sisters and my brother. But don't tell them that.
9. My chewing gum loses its flavor on the bedpost overnight.
10. The only person I lie to regularly is myself.
There - I survived. Whew! Honesty is hard work. I'm going to get some chocolate now. You all have a wonderful day.
SW, Well, aren't you a sweetheart? Thank you for the compliments on my blog and for the award.
*here, have some coffee to go with that chocolate...:-)
I'll have to figure out when I can do a post to claim it--probably Friday.
Thank you, SW. You are an outstanding picker of bloggers. Actually, an acclaimed picker in my books. Seriously, thanks kindly. I am honoured.
To accept the award I post my acceptance on my blogs, correct?
Within a time frame?
Sia - mmm, coffee. Thank you!
Joylene - you're most welcome. And there's no time frame; post acceptance at your leisure! :-)
I love awards :)
Wow, thank you. I'll have to try to think of 10 honest things and 5 friends now, but I enjoyed your article, and really appreciate your including me.
Okay. I've thunk. Thanks.
thanks again, SW. This is totally kewl. And unexpected. I'm thinking now... 5 bloggers...?
Woo Hoo! Aren't we lucky? And even more so to have so many lovely folks who stop by to share their thoughts with us, such as those folks above who won their award!
Post a Comment