Sunday, August 14, 2016

An Author's Game


 
Good morning, folks.
 
Well, I have been pretty remiss about posting this summer, and I apologize. I know you all can relate when things get crazy at home. This time our daughter moved home with her two beautiful boys (two years old and four months!) As grateful as we are to be able to help raise these sweet children, it's been hectic!
 
We have had the hottest and most parched season I ever remember. For us here in the Finger Lakes Region of NY, we normally get maybe 3-4 days over 90 degrees. This summer we've had 18 to date and hardly any rain. Our lawns were crispy brown by July 1st, which is unheard of here. But yesterday, we were blessed with some lovely, drenching showers, and if it hadn't been thundering and lightning out there, I swear I would have danced in it with arms raised in thanks to the Heavens! 
 
I thought it would be fun to play a game today. Recently, I was tagged by Anita Stewart on Facebook for an authors' game. To play, one is asked to quote about seven lines from page seven of their current work in progress, and then tag seven other fellow authors.

Here are lines from my current WIP, DEVIL'S SPRING, book 3 in the Bittersweet Hollow series. 
 
I've tagged seven (okay, eight!) authors at the bottom. Please post your WIP lines in the comments section. 

This is from the prologue of DEVIL'S SPRING:

Grace’s face twisted and she moaned. “Oh my God. I’m having another one.”
 
Dr. Rosenthal nodded. “Good, they’re coming regularly now. Let’s get her up there.” She backed out of the room and gave a little wave. “See you soon.”
 
“Good?” Grace screamed. “This hurts!” She doubled over and yelled for Anderson. “Anderson, make it stop!”
 
He glanced helplessly at the nurse, who smiled and shrugged. “Nothing you can do, sweetie. Just move back so we can get her up to the third floor. We’ll probably get her some pain meds when it gets really bad.”
 
Grace’s face reddened. “When it gets really bad? Are you kidding me?”

I tag: Jane Firebaugh, Viv Drewa, Anna del MarJoan H. Young, Joan Hall Hovey, Holly Jacobs, Sonya Bateman, and Kim Smith.
 
Thanks to all who play along, and have a great rest of your Sunday!
 
Aaron Lazar
 
Aaron Paul Lazar is obsessed with writing. He's completed twenty-five books to date, and has earned nineteen literary book awards. He writes mysteries, suspense, love stories, and more. You'll usually find him writing his heart out in the early hours of the day - preferably in the dark, quiet hours when no one else is awake in his bustling household. 

4 comments:

Hufflepuff said...

As always, I can't wait to read your next book, Aaron. :)

These are some lines form my current WIP, which as yet is unnamed. It's the third book in my White Mountains Romantic Mysteries series and is taking place on a fictitious island off the coast of Massachusetts.

“Molly, what is it?” She and Josh followed Molly, as she whined and kept heading toward the side of the house with her nose to the ground. “I guess all those tracking classes I did with her last year must be kicking in,” Olivia smiled. “I wonder if the girl was out here last night. Remember the weird shrieking sound we heard in the thunder?”
Molly stopped at the wood stacked under the overhang near the door to the side entrance. She sniffed at the ground and the wood stack, then looked at Olivia and barked as if to say “See? This is where she was.”

Sonya said...

Let's see if I can get a comment to post... :-)

From City of Secrets:

"Can I get you a cup of coffee, Mr. Black?"

Agent Gilmore, master of expressions, stood at the other end of the table in the stripped-down conference room doing his best impersonation of Concerned Human Being. We were waiting for Special Agent Frost, who was obviously in charge. And obviously not in so much of a hurry when it was my time being wasted. I'd been in this room for almost an hour, and Gilmore had just now deigned to remember my presence.

They'd brought me to a nondescript five-story office building near Central Park West. I didn't know where the main offices of the NSA were in New York, but this place wasn't it.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Jane - wonderful! I love your White Mountain Mysteries and can't wait to read the third in the series. Thank you!

And Sonya, yay! I'm so crazy about your DeathSpeaker series, and this section has already captivated me! Thanks so much for stopping by to share!

Hufflepuff said...

Thanks Aaron!
Sonya, that sounds great and I will have to check out all of 1your books now. :)