Thursday, September 9, 2010

Refilling the well

Introverted teen, Loran Rudder and I stopped in Starbucks last weekend for a sit and spit. That’s what I call it when I have a meeting of the mind with my characters.

Did it go well?

You could say that. She asked me what my intentions were with this latest tome and I informed her it wasn’t me who would determine the destination, but rather she was the mover and shaker in it all.

Just as in my first book, Avenging Angel, where my character of Shannon Wallace had issues, so does Loran. A missing mother from mysterious circumstances, an over-protective father, and a sort of boring summer of video games leads one to think she is just a normal teen with a little baggage. Don't let that fool ya, she says. She is under a curse of biblical proportions and this stuff ain't funny.

So far she loves the ideas I am laying down for her story, and so far we have been working well together.

She doesn’t know it yet but there are terrible dark secrets being unfolded before her and a trap is being set, but alas! I cannot say any more. You will have to find out what lurks beneath the cold flagged stones of Undersea, her new school and home.

Loran’s book, lovingly entitled, Loran Rudder and the Secret Key, is still in the works but hopefully will be available by the end of the year.

If you want to keep up with the making of the book, Loran’s involvement in its creation, and so forth, keep checking back here at Murder by 4. We always have something THRILLING for ya!

* * *

Kim Smith is busily creating her next YA fantasy adventure starring Loran Rudder. You can find her other books at Amazon, Red Rose Publishing, and Moongypsy Press.

9 comments:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Sounds great!

Marta Stephens said...

Oh, wow! This sounds wonderful. Evidently your summer break was just what the muse needed. ;)

Kim Smith said...

thanks ladies! yeah, it was a good idea to let things simmer and give the old muse a summer off :)

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Just linked this to facebook so the rest of the world can learn about your new character and fascinating concept! This sounds incredible, Kim. ;o)

Kim Smith said...

Thanks Aaron, I always forget to do that :)

Kim Smith said...

Thanks Aaron, I always forget to do that :)

s.w. vaughn said...

Kim, this sounds like such a fun project! Hope you have a blast writing it. :-)

Sheila Deeth said...

Cool. Certainly got me intrigued.

Kim Smith said...

Yay Sheila! That's what I like to hear :)