Thursday, September 30, 2010

Advice everyone needs


I was sitting here wondering what to write about when it practically fell into my lap. It came in the form of Writer's digest and as they are are besties with the 101 Best Site awards that we are so honored to be gifted with, I guess it is okay to promote them a little.

So here is the link to a little bitty bit of advice we could all use and reuse.
WD Article on things to remember before you submit

As for me, at the moment, I am elbow deep in my WIP and photography. This week I hope to make a print of an interesting shot I have to enter in a contest about "reflection". I will save the info about it and the photo until after next week's contest. Maybe if I will I will have to brag to you a little :) in my next week's post. If I lose, well, I guess it will be what I think I did wrong.

In the meanwhile, remember that if you listen to the advice of people like the article writer above, you may increase your chances of being published just a little. And for me, a little could be a lot, and who couldn't use the tilting in the right direction?

Oh and by the way, did I tell you that A Will to Love is going to be out in PRINT soon??? Amazon, here I come!

Happy Thursday y'all!

5 comments:

Marta Stephens said...

Funny you should post the link to this WD article. I printed the piece after I read it the other day. The points are uncomplicated but critical.

And about that book of yours, I want mine autographed. :()

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Wonderful, Kim! Congrats on your Will to Love coming out in print! I love holding a book by you in my hands - and thoroughly enjoy the ride!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

How soon is soon? Congratulations!
Thanks for the link.
Mary

Kim Smith said...

WELLL-still waiting to hear back... Amazon works on their own timeframe apparently. I will let everyone know here on MB4 when it is officially out :)

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Yep, Kim, everything in publishing seems to take longer than it should...and Amazon is only doing its part ;) Looking forward to A Will to Love's release.