Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gearing up for summer

The weather (they say) is not how to open a book. But as of yet I haven't heard of it as a bad opener for a blog post :) and as it is awfully nice out today, I am saying, I am ready for summer.

I will be taking an online workshop all summer which is supposed to culminate in a 30,000 word novella by autumn, ie. September.

I hope I survive it! I may be missing here on Mb4 a little more often as my time will be at a premium. (I KNOWWWW, right???)

Last night, I spent hours listening to preliminary stuff and creating a rough outline and several character sketches. It was grueling I tell you. I am such a pantser--that to HAVE to outline, well, it was tough.

I did turn out a reasonable story idea from it though, so we will see how it goes. I must say I am more excited about the prospect than I have been in a long while.

So, here's to summer, all of you Murderers out there. Have you begun a work for this season? Maybe a beach story? A May to December romance?

Would you like for me to poke you into it? OK, here goes the sharp stick:

Use these items for your story:

A recent graduate from high school
An old abandoned station wagon
the color blue, like aqua, like ocean water
and .... a murder.

What? You thought I wouldn't include it???

Happy June, Murderers.

1 comment:

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Nice, Kim! I'm excited for your class - you must share how it's going as time allows. We love your blogs here, but we will totally understand if you're off writing cool stories for us all to enjoy! Have a ball!