Monday, April 18, 2011

Meet Susan Kronick


CONFESSIONS OF A GHOST SEER!!
Copyright Susan Kronick 2011 all rights reserved


Who says hauntings are all about the Exorcist and the Catholic Church? Do you believe there are no such things as ghosts? I’m here to tell you there are such people who live among the dead! I know, because I’m one of them! My name is Susan Kronick. I am a psychic and a medium with the gift of seeing spirits of the departed. My debut novel, “SARAH, THEY’RE COMING FOR YOU,” offered by Wild Child Publishing parallels the story of my life. A ghost tale inspired by actual events from my otherworldly experiences.

It wasn’t my original intention to model my main character Sarah after my own life. As the protagonist began to emerge, I discovered much to my surprise, she was identical to me in almost every detail. Don’t the experts say the first rule of thumb in writing is to borrow from your own experiences, and truth is indeed stranger than fiction? Sarah, like me is a college professor haunted her entire life by malevolent ghosts, and she finds herself the subject of her own haunting. My story focuses on the dark side of the afterlife, the restless spirits of the dead who torment the living for many reasons. They seek one thing. It is not God’s blessing, but a soul for eternity. For years, I, like my character Sarah was tormented by these seekers. Each passing year the specters gained strength. Sarah, and myself in real life are guided by my great great grandfather Hermann-who intercedes on our behalf, Sarah had faith, but now, she feels her faith in Hermann is slipping, as she grows spiritually weaker. Then a mysterious woman-a link from the past-enlightens Sarah of a journey she must complete to end her haunting, then everything falls into place. Sarah has a connection between her ancestral family and her own haunting from the rogue ghosts in the afterlife. They seek her in order to claim two family members with a single soul. One thing left to do for Sarah. Go to the family home in Austria and face the ghosts head on, or lose her soul forever.

My decision to write about the subject that has been such a large part of my life was not an easy one. As an experienced parapsychologist, I have investigated countless hauntings, ghostly sightings, and other paranormal phenomena. Most people react with a degree of skepticism when confessing one’s ability to communicate with spirits. The logical side of me holds both a Master of Science and a Ph.D. In all honesty, if the paranormal events that have occurred to me didn’t happen, I would probably be a non-believer as well.

I was extremely hesitant at first to reveal such extraordinary confessions about my supernatural abilities. After all, for the past sixteen years I have been a mild mannered no nonsense Freud is king psychology professor. I strongly considered writing under an alias. What would my students and colleagues think of me if they knew my gift of seeing ghosts! At some point during the first draft of my manuscript, I realized, I had nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Fortunately, the more I disclosed other worldly details about myself, the more comfortable I was in sharing my experiences at school, as well as seeking a publisher for my work.

Unlike many new authors, I was fortunate to have my manuscript accepted by Wild Child Publishing a mere three months into my search. I had decided early on that I would not self-publish, and my story would not be told unless I secured a traditional publisher. Although years ago I had written a 250 page doctoral dissertation based on original research, I was not prepared for the lengthy and often painful editing process that followed the “congratulations, we would love to publish your book” letter from the publisher!, .I must say, the editors and publisher at Wild Child are AMAZING!!! They spent many tireless months assisting me to perfect my manuscript into a work worthy of publication. For all their help I will always be grateful beyond words.

Most people who read my book want to know, “what’s it like to walk between the worlds?” To me it’s second nature. Throughout my entire life I have seen spirits of the dead. Communicating with ghosts has proved to be both a wonderful gift as well as a curse, because you are vulnerable to those entities that do not seek God’s blessing.

As a young child, I assumed, co-mingling with ghosts of the dearly departed was a natural phenomenon. You can imagine my great surprise in discovering most people are oblivious to the many spirits among us.

Many of the ghosts I randomly encounter on a regular basis may hang around for a variety of reasons. Often they are protecting their loved ones still among the living. Perhaps the ghost must attend to some unfinished business before they can cross over, or they may not realize they are dead. I try to assist them if I can, but I don’t always get the chance to hear their story.

One recent example comes to mind. As a college professor, I was totally absorbed, in my lecture, rambling on about psychoanalysis and the role of the unconscious mind. All of a sudden I look up from my notes to “see” two teen aged ghosts, a boy, and a girl, walk through the wall into my classroom. It was extremely difficult to resist “speaking” with them at that time, however, practicality won, having no desire, my students to think their professor was delusional!


Susan Kronick’s background is the perfect backdrop leading up to her latest paranormal novel, Sarah, They’re Coming for You. She has a Master of Science in Psychology from Nova Southeastern University and a Ph.D. in Paranormal Studies/Psychology from Union Institute and Graduate School, as well as being an adjunct psychology professor at Barry University and Palm Beach State College. A psychic and a medium, she has the gift of seeing the dead since she was a child. She also has taught parapsychology classes through the Palm Beach County School Board, as well as at Palm Beach State College. Susan has extensive experience in the area of investigations of haunting and the paranormal. She lives with her husband and her four spoiled rescue dogs in south Florida. You can visit her website at www.susankronick.webs.com. “Like” her page at Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/susan-kronick/156870670886.

3 comments:

thewriterslife said...

Wonderful guest post, Susan! Every time I read it I get ghost - oops - goose bumps! Thank you Murder by 4 by allowing her to guest today and for being a part of her virtual book tour!

Kim Smith said...

Interesting premise for books. Thanks for being our guest!

Anonymous said...

Holy specter, Batman!

This sent a chill down my spine! Apologies to M. Night Shyamalan here, but I don't see dead people. I see a darn good read!!!!!

BDPS