Thursday, July 2, 2015

How to Write has begun!




Happy Independence Day!


First, I want to wish you a very happy Independence Day this weekend. I hope your celebration is filled with love, peace, and sparkling things.


I kicked off my How to Write series yesterday on my blog. You can find it at Kim Smith, author -and if you are of the mind to, subscribe to the blog. That way you never miss a post. I have great hopes for this series. The story is going to be women's fiction, and will mostly appeal to women, but the HOW to do it stuff, will be interesting to all.

I am amazed at how easy it was to get started on this completely UNPLANNED book. It came to me after reading a great story by a favorite author. I figured out how to do a women's fiction book by reading some and this story sort of came to me. It is about something that happened at my own job, and so it just fit.

Although I am not a professional teacher, I do know a little about books and how to write them. I just wanted to share. I hope you will come along for the ride. I love to get feedback from aspiring authors-so if you are one, leave me a comment.

I have a writing group on Facebook too, called Writing Motivators, if you are interested. I post up a list (weekly )of things to use in a story. I stole the idea from Chuck Wendig. He has great ones on his blog usually on Friday.

Here is a sample of a muse tweaker for you:
A plastic DVD case
A book of US postal stamps
A purple pen
A smartphone
A canned soft drink
A doggie in your character's lap
A pair of sunglasses
The local park, with ducks and geese around a pond

No matter what, I hope you are writing this summer. I am not taking a vacation this year, instead, writing and hoping that the fall will be filled with new work from me for my readers. I am also going to Imaginarium 2015 this September, so if you are in the Louisville, KY area or planning to attend the con, LOOK ME UP!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Here's summore illustrious, ingenious, incisive scenarios
which'll give you a first-rate, fast-paced, unexpectedly vivid,
utterly tangible, lethal ‘quid-pro-quo-protagonist' @ warp-speed:
[whew]

High, girl!
While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our 24 blogs a gobba (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet, packaged, concise.

Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date,
with an IQ much higher than K2,
and an extraordinarily, sawcy, rowdy victory??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with an excellent bullshot dectector):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, prolific iconoclasm where you’ll find
astronomically prodigious,
immeasurably extensive,
monumentally tremendous,
stupendously substantial,
infinitely irresistible,
(XnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX… )
deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.
Viva/Christos/Rei!!
(Portuguese: Long live/Christ/[the]King!!)