Our very own Aaron Paul Lazar tagged me on FB to share seven things that people might or might not know about my writing. So here they are!
- I keep vampire hours. Dawn means dusk and dusk means writing.
- I have a minor in medieval history and thus medieval history has a place in all my novels.
- I love reading all kinds of genres and I believe that variety enriches the writer’s life.
- I’m a news junkie and, believe it or not, the real world fuels my fantasy.
- The only activity I enjoy almost as much as writing is traveling. To me they’re both different ways of exploring the world.
- My supervisor has whiskers, pointy ears and a tail.
- My husband likes to think that all my epic heroes
are based on him and, some days, I let him believe it. ****Dora Machado is the award-winning author of the epic fantasy Stonewiser series and her newest novel, The Curse Giver, available from Twilight Times Books. She is one only a few Hispanic women writing fantasy in the United States today. She grew up in the Dominican Republic, where she developed a fascination for writing and a taste for Merengue. After a lifetime of straddling such compelling but different worlds, fantasy is a natural fit to her stories.When she is not writing fiction, Dora also writes features for the award-winning blog Murder By Four and Savvy Authors, where writers help writers. She lives in Florida with her indulgent husband and two very opinionated cats.To learn more about Dora Machado and her award winning novels, visit her at www.doramachado.com , email her at Dora@doramachado.com, find her on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.