Thursday, March 21, 2013

Podcasts, what on earth is THAT?

It would seem that in today's techy world, someone would make podcasting easy. I haven't found anything yet, but I am still looking.

Whoa. Let me back up. What is podcasting, you may ask? According to my friend, Wikipedia, it is:

...a series of audio radiovideoPDF, or ePub files subscribed to and downloaded through web syndication or streamed online to a computer or mobile device. The word is a neologism derived from "broadcast" and "pod" from the success of the iPod, as podcasts are often listened to on portable media players. In the context of Apple devices, the term "Podcasts" refers to the audio and video version of podcasts, whereas the textual version of podcasts are classified under the app known as Newsstand.

Oh. Okay then.

Back to my post. It would seem that in today's techy world, someone would make the whole idea of podcasting easier. Listeners love it, and some of us really do enjoy doing them.

I have found many archived poddies including mine, Introducing Writers where there is my great  Interview with Stephen Zimmer, author of The Exodus Gate. Stephen will be at Mid South Con this weekend in Memphis, if any of you are going to be around. I will try to make the Sunday workshops. I can't do more as I have a mix and mingle of my own at a local library. You can find more about that here, at my author page, http://www.kimsmithauthor.com 

Back to my post...(sheesh, I am rambling today!)

But BTR, BlogtalkRadio, was so time consuming, I just had to give it up. Now I cannot find another way to continue doing this fun thing without special microphones and mixers etc.

If any of you Murderers knows of a good thing going on, please do let me know.

2 comments:

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Great question, Kim. I've been wondering the same thing myself!

Cheryl said...

I was wondering why you stopped doing them, Kim. You were so good at it. It's hard to find people who are a natural with it.

BlogTalkRadio seems to have the market on them.