Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to All!


 


Sometimes life gets in the way of...well, everything. I haven't written much since early summer. I know, it's crazy. I'm the guy who proclaimed "I hope to write a hundred books before I die." Really? I'm at sixteen books and I feel...stalled.
 

I guess it was family health issues that pushed me off track, for the most part. While I've recognized and handled my own issue (high sugar levels) and I'm now fit and healthier than ever before, I've needed to refocus on life and take an extra hour or two every day to exercise. 
 
I've loved my morning walks (yes, even in the cold & dark) because I listen to audio books and it's been fantastic. But this refocusing on health sure has done a number on my "free time.' 
 
In other words, my writing time has pretty much evaporated. 
 
It feels strange to say this in a year when my publisher released seven of my books. Seven! And we have three ready to go in 2013. And yes, I've been poking around rewriting/editing some of my yet-to-be-released LeGarde books (Virtuoso, to be exact). 
 
But editing and prepping and promoting  just isn't the same as writing something new and fresh. That's the fun part of being an author. I miss it, but I'm sure I'll get back to it soon.
 
But who am I to complain? In this age where children are shot in their own schools and soldiers are dying for our freedom, I truly have no rights to grumble. 
 
I'm grateful to have my family. I'm so eternally grateful... And every day I hug and hold them as much as I can without them batting me away and telling me "enough already!" 
 
So please, in this season of holiday joy, please go hug and kiss your loved ones a little extra today. And have a very Merry Christmas. 
 
Warmest wishes to you and yours...
Aaron Paul Lazar
www.lazarbooks.com

2 comments:

Marta Stephens said...

Aaron, I don't know where this year has gone, but I hope it's gone for good!! It has certainly proven to be crazy difficult time for all of us and I'm deeply thankful that we've all pulled through and truly feel we'll be all the stronger for it!

My cancer and my husband's stroke in late 2011 didn't get us off to a great start in 2012, but I thank God every day that we're back on our feet. Had any one thing been handled diffidently, we would be singing a different tune today. Actually, let me rephrase that. We wouldn't be here to sing it and for that I am eternally grateful.

Like you, I'm SO ready to get back to my writing and being an active member of Murder By 4 again. Thanks to you, Kim, and Ron this blog is still going strong.

Thank you all for your prayers and your constant friendship. I wish you and all our readers a warm and very blessed Christmas.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Marta, this is beautifully stated, and so, so true. We all made it through - and God bless us one and all! Merry Christmas, Marta. ;o)