Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bang your Head

Have you ever had one of those times where you want to sit down to write, but nothing will happen when you do?

I am going through a dry spell, I guess.

I have planned on sitting down to write for three days now, and every time I head to the computer, something stops me. I just cannot bring myself to sit in that chair. If I get to the chair, I can't open the laptop, and if I get the laptop booted up, I just slump and decide to play on the Internet rather than write.

It's like I am blocked. I know I know, there is no such thing as writer's block, but truly, I am not able to get into it at this time.

I am doing a lot of blogging though!

I blog at Writingspace, and Be Mindful, and here, and on my website which is also a blog type, and of course, I am on Facebook, and Twitter, and I just signed up for Shelfari, and revisited my Amazon author page, and...

Okay, wait a minute.

Maybe I am all typed out?

I think I just figured out why I don't want to write. I am writing, in a sense, but not on a piece of work. This is like a Eureka! moment to me. Happy Thursday, Murderers. I hope you have a very productive weekend.


1 comment:

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

I feel your pain, Kim. And you're right - even if you're not "writing," per se, you are writing blogs and emails and promo stuff, and it all adds up! You can only fit so much into your busy day, especially when you work full time like all of us here at MB4. It's a challenge!