Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pirates!

This week we celebrated International Talk Like A Pirate Day and believe me, I am kind of hooked on the whole thing now. I even participated in the Memphis version Pyratefest oh yeah, I did. If you like this sort of thing, be sure to join your local reinactors. It is a lot of fun, and ahem, great fodder for a book. Which is why I am posting this! I have started on a pirate book, which is mostly romance, but of course, will have a mystery in there somewhere. I am sort of thinking that the history of pirates just lends itself to mysterious circumstances-- I mean, who doesn't love treasure hunts? Isn't that SORT of mystery-like? I am sharing photos here of some of my better shots during this year and last year's events. Maybe you can invent a short story out of one or more of them? Hey, I want to be as encouraging as I can to our budding fellow writers *big grin* So here ya go, please enjoy, arrrrggg!

4 comments:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Sounds like a real good time!
Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Perfect timing, Kim. I'm just about finished reading and writing a review for Laurie R. King's PIRATE KING and will be posting it soon. We've got a theme going, LOL! Loved your pix, especially those wenches! (there's something about that word that makes it seem all the more delightful, ;o))

Have fun with the new book, I love it when inspiration strikes! Can't wait to read it, already. ;o)

Marta Stephens said...

Oh what fun! LOL

Kim Smith said...

it is FUN! and truly great food for thought for a book or short story. the reinactors can give you all the info on the history etc. so you don't have to even Google!