Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Essay on How I Spent My Summer


Remember when the teacher was at a loss as to what to teach the first day of school so she told you to write an essay on how you spent your summer? That's what I am doing, writing my thoughts of this hot hot summer and where and how I spent my days.

I seriously cannot remember when it was worse for heat in this region. The media always makes it seem worse than it is, but maybe this year that was a good thing. Their insistence on keeping us up on excessive heat advisories has probably saved lives.

I really have spent most of my time inside, behind a computer, learning new software and educating myself on marketing. This will definitely become helpful with future books I am planning on writing.

As for writing, I have done very little, but the plotting and planning of said books has never stopped. I am really looking forward to getting back into the writing seat soon, probably after Labor Day.

There are so many books and stories to be written still, and so little time to get them all down. If I have learned one thing this long hot summer, it has been to make optimum use of my time. This will certainly benefit me as I get back into the swing of my life soon.

I do not garden, but this year after visiting Farmer's Markets and such, really did think about it. Maybe next year!

I have done NO yardwork this year at all. In fact, my poor hubby has barely kept the grass cut. This lapse in outside activity has a lot to do with these 101+ heat indexes but a little to do with our business and how busy it has been. We have a fellow coming this week to quote us on getting all the overgrowth cut back and here's hoping he can save us.

Other than that, my dears, there is little to report. I think this has really been a summer of retrospection and reflection on a really difficult winter. But as in all things, a new time is approaching.

I am stretching forward and hope to touch the cooler months ahead with renewed vigor. Hoping the very same for you!

5 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Hope you come back to the keyboard fully recharged and ready to crank out some good fiction!

s.w. vaughn said...

OMG, has it EVER been hot! And I thought I was imagining it... LOL. Have a happy journey back to the keyboard!

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

You did have a very tough winter and spring, really. So it's great that the weather actually forced you inside to relax a little! Good for you! And the yard will always be there. Whether you have to brushhog the whole thing or not - doesn't matter. Stuff grows, and next year works!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

We started out hot, but it is considerably cooler, topping out a high 90s every day. Great weather for the San Joaquin Valley during the summer.

Nancy J. Parra said...

Love the picture. Sometimes heat is as bad as cold-either way you're stuck in the house.
Enjoy your plotting! Cheers~