Once again, agent Nathan Bransford is holding a contest - The 3rd Sort-of-Annual Stupendously Ultimate First Paragraph Challenge!
Sounds fun, right?
It's easy to enter. Take the first paragraph of your most exciting (unpublished) manuscript or WIP, head over to that there link up above, and paste it into the comments section.
Stolen directly from Nathan's blog, here's what the prizes are:
The GRAND PRIZE STUPENDOUSLY ULTIMATE WINNER will receive....
1) Their choice of a partial critique, query critique, or phone consultation
2) A very-sought-after galley of THE SECRET YEAR by Jennifer Hubbard, which will be published by Viking in January.
3) A signed THE SECRET YEAR bookmark
4) The envy of their rivals
5) The pride of a job well done
6) I think you get the picture
The STUPENDOUSLY ULTIMATE FINALISTS will receive....
a) Query critiques
b) A signed THE SECRET YEAR bookmark (assuming you live in a place that is reached in a reasonably affordable fashion by the postal service no offense forraners)
c) Pride. Lots of pride.
Nathan is judging the contest. The deadline for entries is Thursday at 4 p.m. Pacific time. Now, since Nathan is nearly as popular as Miss Snark (sorry, Nathan, I have to say nearly ... I can already feel the stiletto heel in my foot), there are already, as of this post, over 900 entries.
So hurry and get yours in! And good luck!